Cinematics & Sequence Programmer [Snowdrop]
Malmö Skåne County se
14 days ago
Working on our animation tech team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various sequence systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™ to blend the barriers between narrative and gameplay experience. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, level designers, brand team, audio team, animators and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions where performance, memory, networking and load times are taken into account.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing, implementing, debugging, and iterating on existing and new sequence systems and tools in collaboration with other programmers
- Developing in a multithreaded environment for large teams
- Suggesting improvements to the sequence tech when necessary by designing and implementing new systems
- Collaborating with content creators to discuss constraints and establish the technical constraints of the various required functions
- Implementing software in a clear and structured way keeping in mind the performance, memory consumption, network replication, maintenance, compatibility, portability requirements and optimize whenever necessary
- Documenting the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and people from other crafts) to understand how to use the new animation systems and features.
You as a person:
You have a passion for building great technology and are result oriented. You value quality in everything you do and have a good attention to detail. Further on you need to have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility. We believe that you are comfortable working in a collaborative environment sharing related code and tasks. The environment is constantly changing and it’s important that you can adapt to changes. You have the ability to accurately estimate task duration. It is important that you have a big interest for cinematography and gameplay. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years professional experience working in the gaming industry with C++
- Experience with game engine sub systems: being able to interact with different kind of APIs: audio, rendering, animations, game logic
- Experience with tool programming: development of user interfaces, in-editor preview visualization of sequences, focus on usability and pipeline iteration speed
- Experience with client/server architecture and network replication
- Experience with designing efficient systems
- Debugging and problem solving skills
- Its beneficial if you have experience with existing sequence tech like Unity’s Timeline or UE4 Sequencer
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, pleasecheck-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.