Cinematics Prop Artist
4 days ago
Cinematic 3D Artist - 2K Montreal
2K Montreal is seeking a Cinematic 3D Props Artist to join our development efforts on exciting cinematic projects! Within this role, you’ll be focused on modeling and texturing a diverse set of 3D assets, set pieces and props that can range from realistic to stylized, hard-surface to organic. You will work closely with the cinematics team under the direction of our Art Director. The 3D Artist will also be responsible to help the layout team in dressing the scenes with the props.
- Create and develop high-quality set pieces and props, as directed by the Lead Artist or Art Director
- Ensure that textures are consistent with the defined visual style
- Utilize tools to ensure texture assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity
- Implement the assets within the scene as required
- Proactively seek feedback to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met
- Collaborate with other artists and departments throughout the production process
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ year of experience as a 3D Artist within the game industry
- Have worked on at least one AAA title
- Proficient at creating clean and efficient models with proper UV layouts
- Strong application and knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and/or other art creation tools
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Proactive in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Ability to support and mentor junior artists and have a love for sharing your research and references with your team
- Proficient in Unreal 4 engine workflows and PBR pipelines using Substance Painter / Designer
- A passion for making great games
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience working on current-gen consoles
- Experience with Unreal Engine
***A portfolio required is required to be considered for this role***
ABOUT 2K GAMES
2K Games develops and publishes top-line PC, console, and handheld entertainment software with a strong concentration in three distinct categories: sports, high profile licenses and specialty products. 2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises in the world including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, PGA 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
At 2K Games our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K Games is a successful, stable company that produces high-quality titles every year.
So what does 2K Montreal have to offer? How about great salaries, full medical and dental benefits, group RRSP plan, and a fun work environment. 2K Montreal believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the games we develop. 2K Montreal is located in Montreal, QC, Canada with a superb modern downtown office. That's right - you can make great games, be central to all that the city has to offer and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!
Join our team today
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.