Cinematics Producer - Montreal
9 days ago
CINEMATICS PRODUCER – MONTRÉAL
Who We Are
Hello! We’re Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
Oh, almost forgot to mention that we’re currently making the next BioShock!! I know, right? Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
What We Need
Cloud Chamber is looking for a highly organized, motivated Cinematic Producer. You have superior communication and project management skills and the creative drive to help us redefine what industry-standard cinematics are on the next BioShock. Our Cinematic Producer will have previous experience in animation production, preferably with a major game studio, or in film or television.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
To say you’re passionate about production is an understatement. You thrive on putting all the pieces together to create a perfect schedule. You own the process from start to finish and can deep dive into the smallest of details. Being on set, knowing you have everything handled brings a great sense of satisfaction. But let’s be honest, as good as your plan is, not everything always goes to plan. You have the ability to pivot, regroup and deftly manage challenges as they come. Ideally having foreseen them and already devised a Plan B. Well done you!
- 3-5 years previous production experience on AAA games with at least one shipped title as cinematics producer/coordinator and/or equivalent TV/Film experience
- Familiar to fluent with JIRA, Excel, Confluence
- Educational or professional background in animation or TV/Film production a plus
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Project Producer, Creative Director, Animation Director, Narrative Director and cinematic team to establish the scope of our cinematics, required number of sessions, and their ideal distribution across the development schedule of the project
- Manage the cinematic strike team to ensure on time delivery of completed sequences to the expected level of quality
- Work closely with our Director of Operations to establish and manage the budget for talent, motion capture, VO sessions and cinematic-related outsourcing vendors.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication across all parties involved in cinematic creation
- On-site management of the motion capture and VO sessions (working with Talent, Narrative and Animation Directors) to ensure shooting and/or recording schedules are met
- Generate session call sheets and recording scripts in collaboration with the Animation Director and Narrative Director
- Coordinate with 2K Publishing’s talent management team to negotiate talent contracts, arrange travel, monitor the shoots in progress, etc.
- Coordinate with the art, level, character and narrative teams to identify and ensure on-time delivery of assets related to cinematic generation
- Ensure scripts are accurate and correctly formatted
- Provide deadlines for the level and narrative teams consistent with scheduled VO and Mocap sessions
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
#LI - CC