Cinematics Layout Artist
4 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Art at Epic
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Layout Artist. The person in this role will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media. Working with the director, the Layout Artist takes scripts and storyboards and creates compelling shots with appropriate use of composition, camera movement, lenses, and rough animation.
In This Role You Will
- Design and create shots in Unreal Engine 4 from scripts and/or storyboards, using cinematic language to tell a story
- Block out rough sequences that will require the animation of characters, props, and cameras
- Use motion blur, depth of field, and other effects to simulate real cameras in UE4
- Understand cinematic language and camera terminology
- Work with a director and team of artists to create high quality videos on extremely tight timelines
What We're Looking For
- Possess a strong sense of composition and color, with an intuitive understanding of the line of action
- Experience using motion capture to tell a story, and an inherent understanding of animation timing
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, Autodesk Maya, and the UE4 Sequencer tool
- Experience with MotionBuilder preferred
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a close team environment
- Knowledge of real world cameras, and an intuitive understanding of focal length and depth of field
- Hands on experience with still photography or film
- Organized and detail-oriented
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.