This job might no longer be available.
Cinematics Designer - Dragon Age
14 days ago
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of excellent developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- You will:
- Script engaging interactive in-game conversations and cinematic moments.
- Work within an existing animation library to create compelling action and emotionally motivated moments between characters.
- Uphold established cinematic standards across the game and broader IP to maintain a design language.
- Manage the scope and budget of assigned tasks to meet project deadlines without jeopardizing the player's experience.
- Participate in reviews, stand-ups, playtests, and work across departments.
- Liaison between writers, artists, designers.
- 3+ years of professional game design experience or equivalent industry experience as a layout/previsualization artist.
- One or more shipped titles in a Cinematic, Animation, or Narrative Design capacity.
- Familiarity with one or more game engine cinematic tools.
- Working knowledge of 3D Animation software such as Maya or MotionBuilder
- Experience with cinematic language, frame composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure.
- Familiarity with branching dialogue and RPG interaction mechanics.
- Passion for BioWare games, story-driven RPGs, and pen & paper games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- A reel of cinematic work from past projects. Shipped game titles.
- Examples of cinematics built with a game engine or comparable tool.