10 days ago
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario; Remote Work Opportunities Available
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations worldwide, are bound by a shared mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are vital in creating worlds where players and teams can thrive and express themselves. Suppose you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment. In that case, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto is one of the most significant development studios within Ubisoft, employing talented developers worldwide. We create worlds and tell stories that grip you, inspire you and challenge you. Since opening in 2010, we have shipped innovative game projects on Ubisoft’s most prominent brands: Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, For Honor and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell.
We recently launched Far Cry 6, the most ambitious Far Cry game to date, featuring the talented Giancarlo Esposito as Anton Castillo. Our studio has also led the development of the newest game in the Watch Dogs franchise – Watch Dogs: Legion (2020), a stand out for its tech and design work, play as anyone gameplay in an open world, and rich and detailed rendition of a future London. Starlink: Battle for Atlas (2018) was Ubisoft Toronto’s first new IP, which seamlessly blended physical and digital gameplay. We have an exciting roadmap of projects for the future and can’t wait to share more details.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft Toronto, we constantly strive to get better, be better and do better – embracing innovative ideas, exploring new technologies, and working together courageously and collaboratively.
On being a Cinematics Animator at Ubisoft Toronto
The Cinematic Animator is a critical element in delivering a fantastic story. You will be responsible for providing high-quality animations, either from enhancing motion capture or key-framing, for our cinematic and scripted event scenes.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time; Toronto, Ontario; Hybrid, flexible work environment
The daily life of a Cinematics Animator at Ubisoft Toronto
- Work closely with the Cinematic Director, Animation Team, Cinematic Designers along with other departments to create our Cinematics and scripted events;
- Work in coordination with animation lead to help mentor and build collaboration within the team;
- Enhance and polish character performances (body and facial) from video and motion capture;
- Must have an excellent understanding of the animation principles (Posing, timing, balance and weight) to create realistic and believable key-frame animations;
- Construct previs from story scripts and storyboards, and can create scene layouts, staging, camera and editing;
- Communicate with the Cinematic and Animation Directors for reviews and feedback;
- Work closely with Cinematic Designers and the animation TD to ensure the quality of the integration of the animations;
- Detect inconsistencies or bugs and validate that the cinematic scene plays correctly;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- College diploma in game-oriented 3D animation technique or equivalent training or experience;
- 3+ years of experience in video game animation or any other relevant experience.
Nice to have
- Excellent grasp for storytelling, acting and cinematography;
- Understanding of cinematic or feature animation production pipelines and workflows;
- Relevant 2D and 3D software experience - Motionbuilder, Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut;
- Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project;
- Must be open to direction, criticism and able to accept change;
- Extensive animation experience with hand-keyed disciplines, experience with motion capture a plus;
- Attention to detail and expertise in solving technological problems.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
· A hybrid, flexible work model
· Six weeks of vacation
· An enhanced parental leave program
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation Assistance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Life at Ubisoft
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. You’ll have opportunities to be challenged, learn and grow in your role. Pushing the boundaries of what’s possible within game development while working with Ubisoft’s most powerful technologies – from game engines to performance capture and more. Annual performance reviews and salary increases will help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer hybrid remote work options, six weeks of vacation for all employees, and enhanced parental leave program, a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training and career development.
We celebrate the big and small moments together – with virtual events, get-togethers, giveaways and more. In addition to our “right to disconnect” philosophy, the studio offers a variety of health and wellness initiatives including yoga, an on-site gym, flexible work hours, and other programs to create a better, sustainable work environment for our teams.
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.