10 days ago
As a Cinematic Animator, you will be part of a team of Animators and Cinematic Designers dedicated to bringing to life the performances of some of the best actors in the industry and tying them into the Squadron 42 narrative. You’ll be developing scenes with multiple branching options, deep and emotional narrative, and exciting action.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/rH59z29Odfo
What do our Cinematics Animators do?
- Work with the Cinematics team to ensure that performance and animations and their in-game implementation match the intent of the performance capture and game needs.
- Work with Animation to establish the quality expectations and guidelines within the game engine.
- Develop motion capture data for in-game assets to create seamless transitions to/from performance capture.
- Creating branching animation flowgraphs in collaboration with the cinematic and level designers.
- Work in a collaborative but distributed team environment, frequently communicating with teams in UK, EU and USA.
What do we expect from our Cinematics Animators?
- Commercial experience in game animation development, ideally on current/next-gen consoles.
- Ability to breakdown complex scenes and work collaboratively with designers.
- Experience with Maya, MotionBuilder, and other equivalent software.
- Ability to create fluid, smooth, realistic animations with specific demonstration of animation fundamentals.
- Ability to identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles while creating innovative solutions to overcome them.
- Eager to challenge your own ideas and those of your peers – we thrive to be the best!
At Cloud Imperium Games we are always keen to speak to Cinematics Animators, therefore if you’re passionate about games and believe you can take our animation to the next level, you may just be our newest Star Citizen !
Please submit your CV in English.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.