10 days ago
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.
As a Cinematics Animator you’ll be creating story-driven content for ArenaNet’s products, with a focus on crafting character performance animation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Craft custom animation for both cinematics and in-game cinematic content.
- Utilize the motion capture pipeline as well as hand-key to deliver performance-driven animation that helps drive the story.
- Work with Tech Art and the art team to test character and creature rigs, as well as other needed animation tools.
- Set up and implement animation files using our proprietary tools, Autodesk Motion Builder, and Autodesk Maya.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 2 plus years of relevant animation experience.
- 1 plus years of game development experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating skills in performance animation, body, face, and lip syncing.
- Ability to hand-key animate as well as plus motion capture.
- Working knowledge of Maya.
- Comfort diving into game engine pipelines as related to animation.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, taking direction from the director on the needs for the scene, and good interpersonal communication.
PLUSES (NICE TO HAVES)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Layout and camera skills.
- Working knowledge of Motion Builder
- Good sense of other cinematic related skills, such as editing, storyboarding, scene choreography, lighting, and audio collaboration.
- Passion for games, animation, and storytelling.
- Motion Capture acting in the suit.