Montreal QC ca
10 days ago
The cinematics designer is responsible for creating compelling dialogue cut scenes with excellent pacing, camera and character acting inside the game engine, while collaborating with the level design, scriptwriting, animating and programming departments. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of composition, timing and editing as well as a good understanding of cinematography.
Create compelling dialogue-based cut scenes with excellent camera, editing, pacing, timing and acting (using animation libraries).
· Communicate and work closely with scriptwriters and Level Designers to translate scripted scenes into cinematics and to balance story with gameplay.
· Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements.
· Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines.
- Validate the cinematics to ensure that the integrations did not cause any conflicts with the rest of the game.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with technical Leads in order to improve the quality of the tools.
- Perform any other related tasks.
- College Diploma/Degree in cinema, animation, video game development or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years experience working in the video games industry as a Cinematic Designer/Artist, Animator, Previz Artist, Camera Artist, Video Editor or any similar job.
- Experience with character and camera animation in 3D software (an asset).
- Experience in video editing (an asset).
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of cinematography and acting.
- Basic understanding of narrative causality and logic.
- Quick to adapt to company proprietary software.
- Ability to understand and solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team.
- Ability to work with people from other fields of expertise.
- Well Organized.
- Aware of new technologies and processes related to the industry.