14 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a talented and experienced Cinematic Designer to join our team. The person in this position will be responsible for creating compelling in-game interactive dialogue sequences and cutscenes in CD PROJEKT RED’s proprietary tool. The ideal candidate should have a very good understanding of directing, storytelling, acting and cinematography as well as a strong sense of composition and pacing.
- Creating interactive, branching cinematic sequences using in-house proprietary engine based on node system.
- Creating compelling cutscenes with excellent pacing, acting, cinematography, editing and timing.
- Communicating with Designers and Leads to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish perfect continuity of the story with gameplay.
- Setting up actor staging and cameras.
- Completing tasks on time while keeping high quality.
- Following and maintaining pipelines and technical requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (preferably Animation / Film Production) and/or comparable years of professional experience in games/film.
- Experience with 3D software (Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, Maya, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- Good understanding of acting, including posing and timing.
- Good knowledge of cinematography and editing.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities to work efficiently within a team.
- Ability to quickly adapt to the company’s proprietary software as well as to learn new software.
- Technical problem-solving.
- Game development experience (doing a long-form project(s) from inception to completion).
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- A genuine interest in the genre.
- AAA games development experience as an animator (doing a long-form project(s) from inception to completion) will be a big plus.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and fit vending machines.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
- Private healthcare & card to many sports clubs
- From 20 to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work with the developers of one of the most acclaimed role-playing games in recent history.
To create revolutionary, story-driven RPGs which go straight to the hearts of gamers — this is our mission. As a driven team of talented professionals from all around the globe, we want to earn our place as one of the world’s top video-game developers, push narrative boundaries, and build unforgettable stories that set and redefine the standards for the genre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.