Cinematic Designer, In-Game Cinematics
26 days ago
Job Title:Cinematic Designer, In-Game Cinematics
Blizzard’s In-Game Cinematics team is growing, and we are seeking a talented Cinematic Designer!
As a Cinematic Designer, you are responsible for the setup, implementation, and maintenance of real-time cutscenes using Blizzard’s proprietary engines. You will work together with individuals across various teams to troubleshoot issues and maintain a high-quality standard across all cutscenes. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of how gameplay and cinematics work together to tell a cohesive story, a basic understanding of gameplay pacing and mechanics, and broad technical skills that compliment an artistic eye.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Create compelling, real-time cutscenes across multiple IPs using Blizzard’s tools
- Communicate with Designers and Leads to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish continuity of the story with gameplay
- Set up cutscenes with excellent pacing, acting, staging, cinematography, and editing
- Assist with technical implementation of pre-rendered cutscenes
- Work collaboratively, receive feedback, and constructively critique peers
- Act as liaison between writers, artists, animators, and game designers
- Complete high-quality tasks in a timely manner
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements
- Validate cinematics to ensure the integrations did not cause conflicts with the rest of the game
- Share knowledge and collaborate with technical Leads to improve the quality of tools
- Minimum 3 years of relevant game design experience
- Experience with cinematic language, camera composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure
- Strong, technical understanding of game engine pipelines, technologies, limitations, editing tool conventions, scripting, troubleshooting, and debugging game content types
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to proprietary tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to give and receive feedback
- Proactive problem solver that can share knowledge and new techniques with the rest of the team
- Experience with 3D software (Maya, Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, etc.)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua, etc.)
- Familiarity with video editing tools (Adobe Premiere, Unreal Sequencer, etc.)
- A passion for Blizzard games
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel / Portfolio showing examples of cinematics built using a game engine tool
Job Status: Fulltime/Staff
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are forward-thinking, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.