Cinematic Designer - FIFA
7 days ago
Cinematic Designer - FIFA
Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Remote
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Cinematic Designer has a background in film and animation and has an eye for quality story-telling. They know how to make a scene feels tense, triumphant, harrowing, etc, just by selecting the right angle and lens. They can recognise the subtle movements that make a character looks realistic and believable and strive to capture that in the animation. The Cinematic Designer can take a script and bring it to life while executing on the Cinematic and Narrative Director’s visions. They are familiar with the cinematic process from previs to polish.
In addition to creative skills, the Cinematic Designer can work in the technical space to achieve the cinematic design goals. The Cinematic Designer can problem-solve and find creative solutions to deliver quality, especially when working with less than ideal content (such as lower-quality source animations or low-res textures).
The Cinematic Designer is expected to work closely with the Narrative Director, Cinematics Director, Producers, Art Directors and the senior designers to realize the feature’s vision.
- Quickly block in cinematic scenes using the game engine with the correct characters and sets and scratch audio
- Create cinematic content, both animations and cameras, in the game engine
- Iterate on the cinematic content based on feedback from many sources
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Background in animation, film or related field
- In-depth knowledge on the language of film and a proven understanding of quality camera work
- A strong technical understanding of industry software, such a game engines and 3d software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to quality
- Ability to take and execute on criticism and feedback