Cinematic Design Team Lead
17 days ago
As Cinematic Design Team Lead at Ubi Quebec, you will join a team specializing in the production of dialogues for games developed in our Canadian studios. Our games are widely recognized for their quality, such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more. As the Cinematic Design Team Lead, your primary responsibility is to ensure the production of dialogue and cinematic assets, follow up the work of your team and its impact on others.
You will support a highly iterative development process, working closely with the Realization Director, Narrative Director, Quest Design Director, Animation Director, Production Manager and supporting departments to ensure the player's immersion and the continuity between the dialogue and the gaming experience while also striving for efficiency.
What you'll do
- Participate in the review of narrative & script at an early stage;
- Conceptualize cinematic sequences;
- Establish a bridge between the different departments to define the different dependencies for dialogues;
- Flag issues relating to their scenes and communicate to the affected department;
- Plan out sequence and camera continuity;
- Ensure the immersion of the player and the continuity between the dialogue and the gaming experience;
- Ensure the script has been properly replicated in game;
- Produce and maintain sequences as needed;
- Sync with Directors to identify the workloads and priorities;
- Support Cinematic Designers in making enlightened choices when building a sequence;
- Be an inspirational leader of good sequence design by defining processes and best practices;
- Mentor and meet with employees under their responsibility regularly to give them feedback and help them progress;
- Participate in the recruitment of new members of the team and ensure the integration of new employees;
- Develop a culture of sharing and push for continuous improvement within its trade community;
- Address conflict situations and behavioral issues by seeking support from the HR team or the team's production manager as needed;
- Write the annual report and the end-of-project report of the employees under their responsibility and help them identify their growth path;
- Help create a healthy, inclusive and positive work environment and escalate issues that could affect employees or the project as needed.
What you bring
- Experience as a cinematic designer or animator or any other relevant experiences;
- Must have participated in at least one full game production or equivalent;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal communication skills;
- Be flexible in the organization of your work;
- Be resourceful in finding solutions;
- Ability to delegate;
- Ability to manage stress and change;
- Demonstrate managerial courage and leadership;
- Have a sense of initiative;
- Knowledge of databases is an asset (JIRA, Perforce, etc.);
- Knowledge of technical constraints related to real time, 3D engines and level editors;
- Knowledge of the tools used by the members of your team;
- Knowledge of project management (asset);
- Knowledge of each of the other professions in game production (asset);
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite (asset).
*Skills and knowledge come in many forms and can be based on relevant experience, so we strongly encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your education, experience and skills.
Working at Ubisoft means
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer, where diversity is a priority. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.