Cinematic / Camera Designer (Diablo IV)
10 days ago
Job Title:Cinematic / Camera Designer (Diablo IV)
VV’s In-Game Cinematics team is growing, and we are seeking a talented Cinematic Designer!
As a Cinematic Designer, you are responsible for the setup, implementation, and maintenance of real-time cutscenes using Blizzard’s proprietary engines. You will work together with individuals across various teams to troubleshoot issues and maintain a high-quality standard across all cutscenes. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of how gameplay and cinematics work together to tell a cohesive story, a basic understanding of gameplay pacing and mechanics, and broad technical skills that compliment an artistic eye.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Setup real-time cutscenes across multiple IPs using Blizzard’s tools
- Communicate with Designers and Leads to improve readability of visual storytelling and establish continuity of the story with gameplay
- Assist with technical implementation of cutscenes and real-time cinematic content
- Work collaboratively, receive feedback, and constructively critique peers
- Act as liaison between writers, artists, animators, and game designers
- Complete high-quality tasks in a timely manner
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements
- Validate cinematics to ensure the integrations did not cause conflicts with the rest of the game
- Share knowledge and collaborate with technical Leads to improve the quality of tools
- Minimum 3 years of relevant game design experience
- Strong, technical understanding of game engine pipelines, technologies, limitations, editing tool conventions, scripting, troubleshooting, and debugging game content types
- Experience with cinematic language, camera composition, pacing, tone, and narrative structure
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to proprietary tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to give and receive feedback
- Proactive problem solver that can share knowledge and new techniques with the rest of the team
- Experience with 3D software (Maya, Motionbuilder, 3DSMax, etc.)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Lua, etc.)
- Familiarity with video editing tools (Adobe Premiere, Unreal Sequencer, etc.)
- A passion for Blizzard games
- Cover Letter
- Demo Reel / Portfolio showing examples of cinematics built using a game engine tool
Job Status: Fulltime/Staff
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.