12 days ago
Ascendant Studios is looking for a cinematic animator to help bring our first title to life. Our ideal applicant has a solid animation background paired with strong technical ability and pipeline knowledge. Prior work in games is preferred, and experience with Unreal Engine would be a big plus.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
Please include a link to a reel of your work when applying for this position.
What you'll do:
- Create previs 3d animatics to inform cinematic sequences and mocap shoots.
- Assemble motion capture for body and face along with cameras for external cleanup.
- Creating hero shots that may involve more complexity, helping to final cinematic shots.
- Developing technical gameplay focused cinematic sequences.
- Coordinating with outsourcers for animation cleanup.
- Helping develop cinematic pipeline and tools.
Who you are:
- Experience bringing cinematics from script to previs/layout to final animation.
- Experience with human and creature keyframe animation and camera animation.
- Able to collaborate and take direction from creative leads and the narrative team.
- Proficiency with Maya.
- Solid foundational animation skills, such as timing, weight, and human anatomy.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine sequencer.
- Experience with motion capture.
- Experience with rigging and rig creation, motion capture recording and processing, or Python/MEL scripting
- Previous experience working on an AAA, 1st person, console title