Chief of Staff
16 days ago
Who We Are
At Statespace we’re using cognitive science, artificial intelligence, and video games to revolutionize the way that humans improve.
Our first product (Aim Lab) is a personalized, AI-powered analytics and training platform for competitive gamers and Esports athletes. Aim Lab has well over a million users and the best user community in the whole wide world (we may be biased).
Our team consists of scientists, designers, engineers, and game industry vets coming together from places like NYU, MTV, NASA, Yale, Nintendo, and the NFL. We are well-funded and supported by some of the world’s best investors and entrepreneurs, including Khosla Ventures, FirstMark Capital, Lux Capital, Expa Capital, and WndrCo.
Weird. Non-traditional background. Underdog. Outcast. If people have used any of these words or phrases to describe you...welcome home. Kick-ass engineer or designer without a degree? Come join our team.
We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way. We are based in NYC but have a remote work culture and are looking for exceptional people to join our team regardless of their physical location.
We value performance, not hours worked (or when you work them). We believe you shouldn’t have to miss your kid’s play or doctor’s appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule.
However, if you are looking for a job where you are happy to just collect a nice paycheck and/or nap under your desk like George Costanza, we are not the right fit for you (we don’t even have desks).
The work we do is hard, and therefore, a key company goal is to mitigate needless obstacles that prevent our team members from accomplishing their goals. To that end, our vacation policy is “take it whenever you want to”, our PTO policy is “take it whenever you need to”. We offer very generous medical, dental, vision, and retirement plans.
The Chief of Staff Role
We are hiring a Chief of Staff to be a confidant, advisor, and sounding board for our CEO! As the CoS, you will work behind the scenes to help solve problems and deal with issues before they are brought to the CEO. The ideal candidate will have proven work experience with executive level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. You will have a Company-wide perspective and often help manage projects. The CoS will work to create strategies and actionable steps.
- Serve as a liaison between the team and the CEO
- Act as a strategic advisor
- Design and execute Company communications
- Compile reports as needed
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing an action plan to address them
- Assist and communicate with leadership in decision making, project management, and initiative implementation
- Create presentation decks for meetings
- Meeting preparation and follow up
- Assume day to day responsibility for tasks/projects
- Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions
- Ensure the CEO's time is being used efficiently
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Chief of Staff
- Strong leadership skills
- Super organized, action oriented, and results driven
- Ability to manage ambiguity well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience planning and leading initiatives
- Proficiency with PowerPoint and/or Keynote
- Comfortable wearing many hats
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills