This job might no longer be available.
Chief of Staff - Finance & Strategy
1 month ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are at the beginning of a new adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We are looking for a Chief of Staff (Finance and Strategy) to work closely with the CEO to act as a force multiplier to get twice as much done as the CEO would be able to do alone! Reporting directly to our CEO and working alongside your co-Chief of Staff, this is a unique opportunity to see every aspect of how companies of various stages operate at a CEO level. This role will help shape, guide, and manage the evolution and execution of Big Viking’s strategic priorities, both internally and externally. This role is set to be an 18 - 24 month contract. After this period, you will either transition to another senior role in the company or spearhead one of the newer business units. This position will be offered remotely, working with a team mainly located in Ontario, Canada.
As our Chief of Staff (Finance and Strategy) your duties will revolve around numerous areas.
- Analyze investment opportunities on a portfolio level
- Lead all aspects of corporate development (from deal sourcing, M&A, fundraising efforts, structuring investments, deal negotiation, serving on boards, fundraising for portfolio companies and developing exit opportunities) in various portfolios
- Lead efforts in developing a pipeline and portfolio
- Assist with proposals, presentations, and pitches as needed
Project Management & Support
- Actively support the CEO in tasks, projects, and priorities supporting portfolio company success
- Manage board and external stakeholders information and key deadlines
- Provide financial modeling support and business case analysis on strategic projects
- Collect operational data and maintain data integrity
- Be the key individual to analyze financial and operational data, while providing meaningful insights on trends in the portfolios, to inform and enhance
- Identify and take on ad hoc strategic projects
- Define and research new ideas and business opportunities
- Provide decision support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders
- Assist with driving the company’s strategic planning
- Assist with the company’s budgeting and operations processes
- Coordinate key meetings
- Manage strategic cross functional initiatives
- Be the primary point of contact internally and externally for all matters pertaining to the CEO
- Understand strategic business initiatives and help communicate and implement them across the company
- Build and maintain credibility throughout the business as a strategic advisor and team player
- Assist with prepping CEO and SLT (Sr Leadership Team) members for critical and prospect meetings
The Must Haves
- BS / BA required, MBA is ideal
- 5+ years in management, leadership, and strategic planning (preferably from a management consultant, investment banking, venture capital, or startup environment)
- Execution oriented mindset w/ strong strategic and problem solving capabilities
- Adept in preparing executive level communication materials, including presentation and speeches
- Passion for a fast paced, demanding, innovation/venture focused environment
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact with senior professionals and investors
- Highly self-motivated and comfort working in remote-first environments
- Demonstrated analytical, financial understanding in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis ability, combined with confident communication skills for conveying conclusions
- Highly analytical, detail-oriented and bring a strong sense of business acumen
- Have a track record of managing new ideas and creative solutions
- Can manage and prioritize workload in high-growth, fluid and ambiguous
- Proven ability to exercise sound and independent judgement in a variety of different situations
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels within an organization, from entry level to C-Suite
The Nice to Haves
- A passion for games!
- Previous experience from the Games industry
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth - Two performance reviews a year
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% Remote Work Environment
Becoming a Viking
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.