This job might no longer be available.
Chief Operating Officer
10 days ago
Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented video game executive to be our next Chief Operating Officer (COO).
At Cryptic Studios, the business is centered on our game development teams, so this role is like the General Manager for a development studio. With publishing and operations tasks handled by our publisher, you will be able to focus on running a fantastic game development studio. We need a strategic thinker who can deal effectively with people at all levels and ensure resource allocations are in line with product development priorities.
Cryptic Studios is located in Northern California in Los Gatos. We offer the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small video game developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we only hire the best and most talented people who love the work, the genre and the games.
**Every day you could be:**
* Managing the production cycle of Cryptic’s video game titles in cooperation with the Executive Producer of each game
* Forming and maintaining relationships with IP licensors and other partners
* Getting to know the many talented artists, designers, programmers, and staff at the studio
* Shaping the culture and impacting the morale of the studio in positive ways
* Getting hands-on production experience in live and in-development games to learn Cryptic’s teams and business
* Providing your insight and vision to help shape Cryptic’s future as a studio
* Partnering with the CEO on business decisions that shape the company, from budgets to profitability analysis, to deciding the next game title to go into development
**What you need to work here:**
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
* Significant experience at the executive level in the video game business and/or extensive production experience in video game development with business level visibility
* Strong communication and leadership skills with the ability to motivate a team
* Commitment to building relationships and collaboration at all levels
* A well-defined sense of diplomacy including conflict resolution
* A drive to make a positive impact on the people and culture where you work
**What we’d like to see:**
* Passion for the Star Trek, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic: the Gathering, and superhero IPs that Cryptic Studios has built its business on
* Deep understanding of free-to-play video game business
* Familiarity with MMORPG games as a player and/or developer
* Experience in contracts, negotiation, budget management, and other G&A functions
**What Cryptic Offers:**
* A fun tight-knit team
* Full-Time role
* Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
* Health Insurance & Perks
* Company social events
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.