Chief Operating Officer (COO)
16 days ago
We are seeking a talented, detailed and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our global team at Xsolla. As our COO, you will be responsible for ensuring that the business is operating fully and with accountability at all times through the development of our processes, people, and procedures. You will adhere and develop a strategic roadmap company wide with input from stakeholders.
As an individual you are results and data driven while possessing the soft skills to humanize complex algorithms or solutions.
In the role of Employee Experience Designer with a focus on leadership and automation tuning, the COO would have a variety of responsibilities centered around optimizing the employee experience and utilizing automation for efficiency throughout the organization. This is a multi-faceted role that requires a strong understanding of business operations, human resources, technology, and change management.
Xsolla is a global ecommerce organization that services the gaming industry with a robust and powerful set of tools and services. As an innovative leader in game commerce, we continue to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization so our partners can grow their audience, engagement, and revenue.
Sparked by our deep love for gaming’s union of technology and artistry, our product suite operates in more than 200 countries and territories, 20+ languages, and 130 currencies. What hasn’t changed since our launch in 2005 is our conviction that everyone deserves an equal opportunity to play.
As Xsolla scales beyond a midsize company, it is vital that you share your expertise and knowledge with leadership and company-wide. Adjusting pace and direction as needed will be easy for you, as you have previously been tasked with such responsibility. You understand how to articulate the company vision to team members of varied backgrounds and experience levels. You appreciate feedback and are able to give it kindly and with purpose in order to build a team on trust and support.
Our top goals for this role are:
1. **Employee Experience Design:** Be responsible for creating a positive and productive work environment, by understanding the employee journey and optimizing the workplace to boost employee satisfaction, motivation, and engagement.
2. **Leadership:** Guide the operations team, and potentially the whole organization, by setting clear goals, making strategic decisions, providing mentoring and feedback, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
3. **Automation Tuning:** Oversee the implementation and refinement of automation processes in the organization to increase efficiency and productivity. This involves evaluating current workflows, identifying areas for improvement, implementing automation tools, and continuously monitoring and tuning these processes for optimal results.
4. **Strategic Planning and Execution:** Align the operations strategy with the overall company vision, and ensure that every department understands and works towards the set objectives. This includes coordination with other top executives to implement these strategies effectively.
5. **Performance Measurement:** Establish key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the operations strategies, including employee satisfaction, operational efficiency, and the success of automation processes.
6. **Change Management:** Facilitate and manage change within the organization, particularly in relation to new processes, structures, or automation tools.
- Collaborate with the executive team in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Manage operations and analytics teams in Xsolla’s U.S. headquarters and regional offices
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the executive team
- Directly oversee operations, and partner with the HR, finance, and data teams to support budget management, data collection, and performance
- Utilize data-backed OKRs that blend qualitative objectives with quantifiable measurements
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related field; MBA preferred
- 10-12+ years of demonstrable progressive experience in service operations, revenue operations, analytics, or similar area
- Work history of successfully leading initiatives that increase revenue, increase productivity, and decrease costs
- Prior supervisory experience with mentor-leader mentality and ability
- Ability to successfully lead projects and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Forward-thinking, innovative, and change-driven
- Ability to build successful relationships - both internally and externally
- Ability to receive and give feedback in a professional manner
- Passionate about video games and/or prior experience in the video game industry
- Possess clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service/interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize workload based on needs of the company (manage workload through time management and delegation)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle and close a book of business while also overseeing a team of closers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while achieving a high degree of accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Proficient in business tools such as Google Suite, Jira, Confluence, NetSuite or other ERP systems
- Proficient in analytic tools including Tableau and Looker
- Previous work experience at an organization with an entrepreneurial mindset
At Xsolla, our Benefits Program is designed to meet and enhance our team’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. We offer 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for full-time employees AND their families (that start on the first of the month after start date)! Additionally, disability and life insurance are company-paid. Chiropractic coverage and flexible spending accounts are there for you, should you need them. And our 401(k) retirement plan includes a company match to help you plan for the future.
Burnout is bad for people and bad for business. That’s why we offer unlimited Flexible Time Off and 14 paid holidays each year.
We are all about personal and professional growth! Every Xsolla employee has a customized career roadmap, curated by the employee alongside their manager, that helps align company goals with individualized personal goals. In an effort to foster your growth at Xsolla, we offer opportunities for in-house training, independent study, conference attendance, and higher education.
Xsolla is a global video game commerce company with a robust and powerful set of tools and services designed specifically for the video game industry. Since its founding in 2005, Xsolla has helped thousands of game developers and publishers of all sizes fund, market, launch and monetize their games globally and across multiple platforms. As an innovative leader in game commerce, Xsolla’s mission is to solve the inherent complexities of global distribution, marketing, and monetization to help our partners reach more geographies, generate more revenue and create relationships with gamers worldwide. Headquartered and incorporated in Los Angeles, California, with offices in Berlin, Seoul, Beijing, Kuala Lumpur, and cities around the world, Xsolla supports major gaming titles like Valve, Twitch, Roblox, Ubisoft, Epic Games, KRAFTON, Nexters, NetEase, Playstudios, Playrix, miHoYo, Pearl Abyss, NCSoft, and more.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time so the individual and organization can achieve their results. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Xsolla takes your privacy very seriously, and will not sell or externally distribute any data received during the hiring process. For more information related to GDPR or CCPA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org .
L ongevit y O pportunity V ision E njoy the game!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.