Chef.e d'équipe d'artistes d'environnement / Lead Environment Artist - IRON MAN
19 days ago
(Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page sous "Select Language".)
Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let’s say that again—iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Motive is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join its Iron Man team using Unreal Engine 5. You will report to the Associate Art Director and c ollaborate with Level Game Designers and Technical Artists to understand and interpret level design requirements, bringing to life our next AAA title.
- Support the Art Director in the overall vision for the game
- Regular check-in and career progression follow up with the level art team members
- Encourage the artistic development of staff through training and mentorship
- Follow up, task progression and communication with the team
- Define, scope and review requirements for delivery to central art teams
- Refine and review environments delivered from external sources and bring them up to quality standards
- Work with level artist, technical artists and engineers in developing and streamlining tools and processes.
- Demonstrates high levels of proficiency in all toolchains, able to advise your team as to best practice.
- Identifies efficiency improvements in workflows and articulate the scope to stakeholders
- The Lead Environment Artist also works with external/remote teams including usability partners and is expected to communicate and maintain the vision on a consistent basis.
You are an experienced environment artist whose portfolio should demonstrate:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Proficient knowledge of Maya, MAX and/or other 2D/3D software package
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, textures and building believable scenes.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Experience creating believable, life-like environments
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
- Thorough understanding of architecture and nature
- Solid understand the aesthetics of environment, function vs. form relationships, as well as what makes a game level fun and intriguing
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- All of our team members will have to be able to shift quickly and flexibly and assume new roles and responsibilities as we grow and change. We’re looking for well-rounded innovators who thrive in the dynamic environment that new game creation demands.