Characters, Technical Director
10 days ago
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
The character TD will oversee the quality and technical content of his trade. The incumbent must optimize team productivity through the technical process (pipeline) in order to maximize the player’s experience. This is achieved by adequately identifying the project’s needs, implementing efficient work tools and methods to maximize data integration in the engine and providing technical support to the team.
- Determine his team’s technical needs to carry out the visions for the Game design, Artistic direction and level design by validating game features and challenging its interpretation to assess their technical feasibility;
- Supervise the integration and technical validation of characters and other animated assets in the engine both for gameplay as well as high quality cinematics moments and facial animation pipeline;
- Function as main point of contact for overall Rigging Pipeline for Characters, Creatures and Props and any dynamic systems relevant to the Project (example : Motion cloth) ,both internally as well as with external collaborating studios;
- Acquire the best tools in collaboration with the programming team and other Technical directors (TD) of the project to enhance and facilitate his trade’s work by prototyping technological elements, asking for adjustments to existing tools, requesting new tools and validating their efficiency before they are deployed on the project;
- Establish the best work methods and data structures (data and assets) to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data (meet standards and minimize debugging) by writing technical (pipeline) documents, establishing a naming method, training, coaching and supervising users of the process;
- Work with Animation TD to define and maintain RTA library (Ready to animate control rig assets for Animators );
- Find improvements and resolve issues in order to provide technical support to his trade by working in close collaboration with programmers and training team members to become specialists resolving tasks and precise problems;
- Stay informed of new technical and technological developments in order to apply them to his project when relevant and share his project’s developments with his peers (TDs on other projects or other trades);
- Help plan the work by collaborating with the planning lead on the scope of each task and the impact on his team in order to find the right compromise between the desired quality and the delivery constraints (time, costs, resources, etc.);
- If required Follow up on the tasks of the assistant TDs to assess the progress of the deliverables;
- If required Help choose/Evaluate the project engine to ensure that his trade’s needs are considered by evaluating existing engines, contributing to the design of a new engine (if applicable) and testing the final engine choice.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Large experience in Rigging , Skinning and/or Modelling video game characters or equivalent;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-Organization skills, good Coaching skills, capacity to Influence, writing skills (technical documents), be visionary;
- Extensive knowledge of 3dMax Character Studio/biped and Motion builder is an asset.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Max Script, Python and C Sharp;
- Large experience in Animation is an asset.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.