This job might no longer be available.
Character TD / Rigger
2 years ago
Character TD / Rigger
For over 30 years, Naughty Dog has been crafting best-selling, critically acclaimed games that constantly push the boundaries of narrative, gameplay, and technology. Our most recent game, The Last of Us Part II, has received over 300 Game of the Year awards and three of our games are among the top 10 highest scored games on the PlayStation 4. As a part of the Naughty Dog legacy, you’ll become a part of continuing the development of extraordinary and enduring experiences for a broad, global range of audiences.
Naughty Dog is seeking a Character TD / Rigger to come join our team! This talented individual should be able to work with minimal input and feel comfortable working in a team environment. Our ideal candidate possesses strong technical skills in rigging, an artistic eye, and passion for video games.
- Design, create, test, and maintain character rigs/setups
- Work with modelers to create a model that meets technical needs
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
- Develop and maintain character motion and deformation systems
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve character production challenges
- Capable of writing pipeline tools to streamline the setup process
- Work with production management to prioritize tasks
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum of 1 shipped AAA game
- 5+ years of production experience in Games, Feature Film or VFX
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Strong understanding of both Figure and Facial Anatomy
- Complex character/vehicle rigging experience in Maya (in film, broadcast, or game environments)
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python and MEL
- Experience setting up production pipelines, while being able to follow guidelines
- The ability to take initiative and work independently
- C++ experience
- Solid Linear Algebra
- Experience writing Physics systems
- Experience using Physics systems (NCloth, etc.)
As part of the Naughty Dog application process, candidates should expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete an art test.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or parental status, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.