USA-CA-San Diego-Scranton Campus / USA-CA-San Diego-Scranton Campus
7 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
PlayStation’s Visual Arts Group on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies!
We are looking for a Character Rigger/TD who has experience with Maya rigging/scripting, along with a strong understanding of human anatomy and realistic deformation. You will work with our multi-award winning team while working with AAA Worldwide Studios like Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, San Diego Studio, Guerrilla Games, and more!
If you like to be hands-on and have the effective communication skills to ensure output from the rigging team is executed efficiently, timely, and meet our technical and animation requirements, we want to talk to you!
- Set up and maintain character (humans & animals) rigs and systems.
- Work with art group to develop models that meets technical requirements.
- Work with animation group to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation/gameplay needs.
- Design and set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
- Develop new techniques and processes to further advance quality/realism.
- Collaborate with TDs in on-going facial and muscle simulation research.
- Create tools to streamline workflow/pipeline.
- Work with team directors and production to identify/prioritize tasks.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation.
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ of production experience in game or film/vfx field, with strong understanding of Maya and Python scripting.
- In-depth knowledge of character/prop rigging technique and principles.
- Experience with adopting production pipelines and make improvements that respect guidelines and system requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take initiative to seek answers and address issues.
- C++ experience (Maya API).
- Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.