24 days ago
Who We Are:
The NBA character team is a small group of talented artists taking on a variety of tasks. We create all of the players, coaches, mascots, clothes and shoes for NBA2K. In addition to the court game assets, we also create the story mode assets, and generate specialty items for the online store.
A pioneer in video games across multiple generations and the creator of some of the top-rated video game franchises including 2K Sports and the NBA 2K series, Visual Concepts is widely regarded as one of the world's top studios. A subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), Visual Concepts continues to innovate in gameplay, creativity and technology. With studios in Marin County, California, Shanghai, China and Seoul, South Korea, Visual Concepts is a culture of excellence and passion for building amazing products year after year, and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We’re looking for a highly talented and motivated, character modeler to join the NBA 2k character team. As a character modeler you’ll be working on a variety of tasks such as player likenesses, clothing, texture variants, hair and more.
What You Will Do:
- Create photo realistic real-time game models including UVs and textures
- Attend team meetings
- Art asset integration into game engine
- Work closely with the Tech Art team, and other dependent departments, throughout the character production process
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
We’re looking for someone who’s interested in taking initiative and is passionate about making great quality games. We’re constantly challenging ourselves to try new things, and looking for someone who is up for that challenge! Willingness to take on a variety of character related tasks depending on the current needs is important.
- 3+ years of experience in modeling for films or games
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a character artist.
- Expert knowledge of Maya and Photoshop
- Ability to produce photorealistic models and textures
- Experience with Substance Painter (substance designer a plus)
- Experience using Zbrush or Mudbox
- Thorough understanding of character art pipelines with excitement to push for next gen techniques
- Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate productively with others
- Ability and interest in learning new concepts and techniques