Character/Creature Animator - Contract
12 days ago
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Limit Break founded by global industry leaders in mobile gaming, We are unlocking its potential beyond games to transform digital markets into real-world economies and digital worlds into vibrant communities who will take gaming economies for both players and traders to new limits. We combine the power of technology, crypto currency, and creative vision to create experiences that connect people from all corners of the globe.
Limit Break is backed by leading investors that include Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures. The total crypto market capitalization increased by 25 times in a single year. The adoption rate and a number of public and private partnerships is proving it to be the next wave of technology of the future and Gaming is leading the way.
About the Role:
Limit Break is seeking a very experienced Senior games 3D Animator who is passionate about working on games and animations, has a great eye for detail and is always striving to push their work to the highest possible level. You will be working closely with the tech team and designers in both Maya and Unity Game Engine to help us on current and future titles. The ideal candidate has experience working as an animator in the games industry and has an excellent understanding of the principles of animation. The candidate should have excellent skills in 3D animation software, preferably Maya and can set realistic estimates for their own scope of work and deliver that work on time. We’re looking for someone who is motivated, committed, and a true team player as well as knowledgeable of common practices and a solid understanding of industry trends.
Responsibilities. What you’ll do
● Create high quality animations that portray characters or creatures personalities consistent with the style and vision as laid out by the Animation Director, Creative Director and/or Art Director
● Demonstrate a superior sense of posing, timing, and weight
● Continuously push the quality of the animations
● Help to identify and solve animation process and implementation issues
● Experience animating bipeds and non-bipedal characters and creatures.
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done
● Strong knowledge of Maya.
● Experience with Unity and Animation Systems within Unity
● 5+ years of Animation experience, 2+ years as a Senior Animator
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● Strong knowledge and experience of working with custom character rigs
● Strong knowledge and experience of creating hand-keyed character animations
● Ability to work in Maya and other animation tools
● Understanding of the technical limitations of game engines and platforms
● Willingness to accept and provide direction and work well under pressure
● Flexibility to cope with frequent iterations
Nice to have. What an ideal candidate looks like
● Experience with IK and Procedural Animation Systems.
● Experience in using cloth and hair simulation systems.
● Experience with facial motion capture set up and rigging
● Experience creating custom rigs and rigging
● You are excited to utilize new technologies and design novel games for a new market of players.
What you get in return
● $50.00 - $85.00 per hour, depending on skill set and years of experience
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. Apply to careers @limitbreak.com to explore this new opportunity. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.