Character Concept Artist
9 days ago
Lightforge Games is looking for a Character Concept Artist!
We're looking for a Concept Artist to help us develop and define our game’s art style by creating compelling 2D artwork in collaboration with our art and design teams. We're seeking talented candidates of all experience levels — from associate to senior!
In this role, you'll work closely with the Art Director and Art Leads to help develop and define our game's art style and workflow processes. You will brainstorm thoughts and ideas from all sources through 2D concept artwork, while helping to ensure that everything we create is achieving our established quality and style standards.
By joining us at this early stage, your art will play a huge role in guiding the direction of our project and our team. We’re looking for someone who loves working in a cross-disciplinary team, and is excited to take on new challenges and grow along with us.
- Concept the look of new characters, creatures, attire, and weapons
- Concept a variety of environment props and biomes
- Regularly meet with the team to review artwork from in-house artists and outsource studios
- Sync 1:1 with Art Director and Team Leads to define look and feel of art assets
- Be an active voice in art team meetings and sprint planning sessions
- Embrace and uphold our Core Values
- Contribute your story to Lightforge's direction
- Listening to and empowering the stories of others
- Highly functional knowledge of Photoshop or similar digital content creation tools and demonstrated proficiency creating digital art assets
- Fundamental knowledge of human and animal anatomy
- Understanding of environments and the anatomies of natural and unnatural biomes
- Thorough understanding of color and color theory
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to fully embrace a remote work culture
- Growth mindset - A desire to do your best work without being ego-driven or resistant to feedback and guidance
- Concept characters and props in 3D, with assets that could then be used for the game.
The base salary range for this role is between $60,000 - $150,000, depending on levels of skills and experience. The base salary range represents the low and high end of LFG’s salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience and performance. Breakdown is as follows:
- Junior Level: $60,000-$100,000
- Mid-Level: $110,000-$125,000
- Senior-Level: $135,000-$150,000
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
If this sounds like a job you might be suited for, but maybe you think you're not quite ready, we’d love to hear from you anyway! You never know what's around the corner...