Character Concept Artist
4 days ago
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
With studios in LA, Austin, Manchester (Wilmslow), Frankfurt, and Derby our colleagues work in a relaxed, innovative, and future thinking environment. We host various sports and social groups, such as tabletop games, wargaming, yoga, football, and tennis, to name a few.
We are a crowdfunded company and have a dedicated and enthusiastic community of backers who are helping us create the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”.
Cloud Imperium is looking for a talented and experienced Character Concept Artist able to tackle the unique and rich universe of Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.
We’re looking for someone to join our team with skills focused on (but not limited to ) designing amazing character, creature, and costumes out of our Los Angeles office. This position will be responsible for visualizing the culture, breath, and life of the billions of characters/creatures populated throughout the Star Citizen universe.
- Learn and master the visual style and elements of Star Citizen
- Be able to conceptualize and illustrate new assets following the guidelines and requirements of Star Citizen
- Create stunning art that captures the overall filmic quality of the game’s universe
- Collaborate heavily with the design and production teams while maintaining the Art Director’s vision
- Other such duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium reasonably consistent with employee’s skill and experience
- Have a good understanding of form and function with an eye for character design
- Have a strong foundation in anatomy, form, gesture, rhythm, color, and balance
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Strong understanding of all aspects of concept art regarding illustration and design
- Knowledge of Photoshop or other painting and sketching software
- Passion for games and all things Sci-Fi
- Self-motivation and willingness to PARTICIPATE in many areas of game development
- A portfolio that demonstrates industry-standard skill
- Some experience with 3D software (i.e. Zbrush/Maya)
- A minimum of two shipped next-gen, high-quality titles or movies
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options
CIG Diversity Statement: CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.