Character Concept Artist (Contract)
12 days ago
As a Character Concept Artist, you will be responsible for the creation of an array of character designs and ideas. Applying an excellent understanding of key fundamentals of anatomy, fashion, form, and colour to populate our game with believable world class character designs.
Working closely with the Character Lead Artist and Art Directors, you will illustrate a wide range of characters for a bold, new, and exciting AAA game.
- Create a series of inspiring digital character and creature designs to believably inhabit the worlds of our game.
- Following a brief, research and collect visual references to help define impressive character ideas.
- Work with design and narrative to ensure our characters always serve both the game-play and story.
- Ensure our character designs work within the technical limitations of animation and rigging.
- Experience in the creation of AAA game character concepts.
- Strong experience with digital concepting tools.
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience as a Character Concept Artist in the games industry.
- Basic 3D and animation rigging understanding, 3D software package skills are a plus.
- An excellent understanding of anatomy, fashion design and art fundamentals.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.