18 days ago
What you will do:
- Understand asset limitations, project milestones, risks and work accordingly;
- Collect and become familiar with reference images;
- Produce models according to the Art director's vision;
- Create high quality, detailed character models and assets;
- Provide proxy models for early game integration;
- Create efficient and rig friendly, low polygon models for game integration;
- Unwrap low polygon models and create high quality color maps;
- Address critiques from the Lead Artist and Art Director and make revisions;
- Guarantee the quality and delivery on time of 3D modeling and mapping as regards the characters and actors needed for producing the game;
- Mentor and help grow less experienced artists on the team
What you should be equipped with:
- Proven working experiences in game development modeling and texturing characters using 3ds Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs);
- Highly proficient in Maya, ZBrush (or equivalent software) and Photoshop;Strong knowledge of Marvelous Designer; Solid knowledge in hi-poly modeling and digital sculpting; Strong knowledge of low poly modeling techniques, including a strong knowledge of topology for animation;
- Very good texturing skills, mapping, and normal map extraction techniques; Understanding of PBR.
- Ability to use efficiently the texture space and to take into consideration the pixel ratio;
- Very good sense of human anatomy and proportions; Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modeling; Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects;
- A critical thinker, easy to think of and adapt to new techniques in modeling and texturing
- Passion for games and strong game culture; Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams; Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines;
- Good communication and English skills.
- Strong knowledge of Marvelous Designer.
- Experience in animation and rigging is considered an advantage.
- Have Unity developing experience.
What you will also get:
- An international working environment
- FUN Culture
- Lots of love from your colleagues!
Best way to apply:
- Due to visa issues, this position is only open to graduates with Chinese nationality currently .
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com