13 days ago
We are looking for an experienced character artist who can produce awesome, high quality character models to join our passionate and talented Art team, working with the Evil Genius 2 team on an awesome, new and un-announced project.
What you’ll be doing:
The Rebellion character artists are dedicated to bringing our games characters to life with high quality character assets.
As a Character Artist, you will be dedicated to creating high quality character models in their entirety whilst respecting as closely as possible to the concept art. You will create additional character assets such as hair and accessories, as well as other props for the game. As part of the character art team, you will play a key role in ensuring the artistic quality of the game.
This role would suit someone with advanced knowledge of 3D software such as Max, Maya and Blender; and 3D Sculpting packages such as Zbrush & Mudbox . You will have an excellent understanding of anatomy and proportions, an affinity for the production of stylised character art and be able to translate concept and reference artwork into high quality character models.
- Produce high quality character models and implementing them to engine.
- Modelling, sculpting, baking, UV’ing, Texturing character artwork in line with a PBR workflow.
- Working with concept artists to visualise character designs.
- Work in conjunction with Design and Animation teams to bring to life characters that fit aesthetically and narratively with the overall game project.
- Create additional character assets such as hair, accessories, armour, weapons, etc
- Provide proxy models to other project staff from initial setup and testing
- Challenge and help re-define technical and artistic process.
- Touch-up textures after engine integration to optimize quality
- Deliver clean and optimized low polygon models, and efficient UV layouts according to the project’s technical requirements
- Ensure the technical and artistic quality of the project by collaborating with artists and senior character artists and make changes when necessary
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Producer and Leads
- Apply best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Advance knowledge of 3d software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya or Blender
- Advance knowledge of 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Advance knowledge of 2D image software such as Photoshop
- Advance knowledge of PRB material pipeline/substance
- Advance understanding of anatomy and proportions
- Easily able to translate concept and reference artwork into high quality character models
- Advance knowledge of the video game development process
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the recently released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
Diversity and Inclusion at Rebellion
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.