3 days ago
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
We are actively recruiting a Character Artist to help MPG deliver expert art support to our clients. You will work with the art/animation/tech art team and alongside production, design, QA and engineering teams in helping to deliver the best multiplayer experiences in the world.
You are an experienced Character Artist who has been responsible for creating high-quality 3D character and creature work across multiple games in a variety of art styles. You can operate independently on complex projects and demonstrate the full capabilities of your craft, understanding the technical as well as creative challenges. You’re happy to help mentor more junior artists and work collaboratively across the team to ensure the best possible ideas are professionally presented and realised in-game.
You fully understand that your art skills will only get you so far when it comes to creating solutions and that your other non-technical skills, such as effective communication, mentoring, and teamwork play a large role in your work.
What you'll be doing:
- Follow visual direction and technical briefs to create character game assets and assist others to do the same.
- Integrate assets into game engines: checking for quality and issues before committing the project.
- Work using relevant 3D tools, material creators/editors & game engines - plus game development software such as version control and production tools.
- Identify and log tasks, track and report on progress, assist more junior artists in doing the same.
- Assist development with documentation, reviews and quality assurance or art.
- Maintain high quality standards and process: workflows, tests, documentation, approvals.
- Assist more junior team members in day-to-day work, being proactive in sharing your knowledge.
- Advise across the studio in matters concerning character game art.
- Attend stand-ups, craft meetings, deep-dives, reviews, show and tells, etc.
What we'll need from you:
- Experienced character artist level portfolio/showreel.
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend Visual Direction and adapt style as needed.
- Solid problem solving: a knowledge of workflows, dependencies, typical challenges in character art for games.
- Excellent knowledge of typical art tools and game engines.
- Ability to advise team members on workflow.
- Solid experience with development workspace and production tools like Jira and P4.
- Ability to communicate with leads and producers and prioritise work, flag issues, identify risks.
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique.
- “Final touch” quality control on 3D game assets.
What would help:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in a similar role is highly desirable.
- Experience working on several projects.
- Experience of direct communication with clients.
- Experience mentoring artists.