16 days ago
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Character Artist does at Criterion:
We’re looking for a Character Artist to work as part of a tight-knit, cross-disciplinary collaborative team to create the next generation of believable characters.
We need your experience & passion to help design and create amazing Characters. Working with Concept, Rigging, Animation and Narrative teams you will both define visual quality and technical standards while inspiring other character artists whether they are part of an internal team or an external vendor.
You will report to the Character Art Director as part of a multi discipline team that works collaboratively in an iterative design process.
A Character Artist needs:
- Experience building photorealistic and stylised characters for AAA titles.
- Thorough understanding of anatomy, costume, characterisation and a good working knowledge of PBR materials .
- Extensive experience in organic and hard-surface modeling using ZBrush, Maya/3DS Max.
- Expertise in real-time character creation workflows, including new trends.
- Experience of photogrammetry workflows from capture to clean topology.
- Experience contributing to creative briefs, visual targets and prototypes.
- Experience working collaboratively in an iterative design process.
- Passion and desire to make the best characters and promote character art.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
- Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
- Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.