12 days ago
Sr. Character Artist - Metalhead
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
We're expanding our in-house team so that we can build the next generation of our light-hearted, ultra-customizable athletes (and off-field characters!), both male and female. Our approach is modular and efficient, but we also work toward a unique sense of character and charm.
We're looking for someone who can help us with this vision, take ownership of a large amount of work that is often quite technical, and help us improve our processes and pipelines.
- Work with leads to design processes and plan tasks so that we can create modular models that permit a high degree of customizability.
- Build character bodies, heads and props.
- Plan common topologies, optimal unwraps, and identify ways that work can be shared across large pools of assets.
- Create models with topologies that are well suited to subdivision/sculpting but also to reduction into low-poly LODs.
- Create complex materials using masks and layers to allow deep character customization.
- You will report to the Senior Development Director
- 5+ years of professional experience with character modelling.
- Can work work from hand-drawn concepts.
- Work within limitations, but with enthusiasm for improved workflows.
- Familiarity with Maya or 3ds Max or similar packages.
- Can independently work through and organize tasks .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Substance Painter, Mudbox, or ZBrush experience.
- Rigging experience.