Character Artist, Moonshot Games
Moonshot is looking for a talented and passionate character artist! From the everyday, to the weird and unique, your ability to develop a wide variety of characters will add the visual aesthetic and “voice” for our first game.
Are you an artist that is looking to establish the vision for character art from the very beginning? Do you relish the challenge of failing fast, adapting and finding solutions? Are you looking to push visual development and find the balance between astonishing art and amazing gameplay? If you're seeking an opportunity to build something from the ground up, we’d love to talk to you!
What you’ll do
You will establish the vision for our character art team, and work alongside our art director and concept artists to create characters that will live in our world. As a creative problem solver for all things “character,” your voice will be pivotal. Your perspective will shape our day to day work alongside designers and artists in a highly collaborative environment, and will also help define culture and direction for the studio as a whole. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Lead the charge in how we develop character models at each stage of the pipeline
- Create (sculpt, model, UV, texture, and create materials) high-quality characters and creatures
What we need
- Strong organizational and mentoring skills
- Strong knowledge of human and animal anatomy, materials, and garb
- Skilled creating topology for real-time games that deforms correctly once rigged
- Solid grasp of color theory and lighting techniques with a mind to the best player experience
- Ability to collaborate with Technical Artists to maintain and improve Character Art pipeline
- Monitor the quality of outsourced character assets to ensure technical and artistic integrity
- Team building and development capabilities
- Experience shipping awesome games, ideally with some leadership responsibility
- Experience with Epic's Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Maya
- Strong understanding of Substance Designer and Painter and their place in the pipeline
- Strong 2D art abilities, particularly in figure drawing
Please provide a resume, portfolio, and cover letter when you apply
Moonshot is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
Dreamhaven Candidate Privacy Notice