2 months ago
Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced Character Artist to join our team!
The Character Artist will collaborate with the character art team to develop celebrity portraits, creatures, modular outfits and armour for Star Citizen and Squadron 42, to be used in gameplay, cinematics, and marketing materials.
The Artist will be working at the leading-edge of development for the record-breaking crowd-funded project, space-simulation FPS MMO “Star Citizen” and the action-packed cinematic story campaign “Squadron 42” with its star-studded cast including Mark Hamill, Gillian Anderson, John Rhys-Davies, and Mark Strong (to name just a few).
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out -
What do our Character Artists do?
- Assume responsibility for executing photo realistic heads and hair for all required characters in Star Citizen.
- Create characters, creatures, and armour based on concept art or reference photos.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and concept artists to set the visual style and quality bar.
- Build clean topology with high consideration for animation.
- Give and receive feedback from Concept and other Character Artists while providing guidance and support to more junior team members.
What do we expect from our Character Artists?
- Proven experience in a Character Art position, ideally with a shipped game title.
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality in high-poly and low-poly models as well as textures.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and form, with special attention to photo-realistic heads and hair.
- Strong skills with organic modelling (i.e. human faces, clothing, realistic creatures) and hard-surface modelling (i.e. armour and props).
- Knowledge of major 3D software packages (such as Maya / Max and Zbrush. Expertise with Marvellous Designer and xGen would be advantageous)
- Identifying technical and developmental risks and obstacles while creating innovative solutions to overcome them while promoting new and innovative ways of working.
If you are passionate for the highest quality, and you are a creative mind who doesn’t stop at the flat reproduction of the assigned concept, but you like to interpret it, giving your asset a sense of belonging, functionality, consistency, and completeness, we would like to hear from you
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
CIG Diversity Statement
CIG is a global company, staunchly committed to cultivating a culture and workplace that celebrates all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives. Together, we are creating a space where authentic recognition, appreciation, and understanding of the importance of diversity is fostered by everyone. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to build a team that represents all walks of life, and we want every employee to bring all the things that make them unique to the work environment. The universe is as vast and varied as the people in it, and it’s our differences that make it special.
We are aware of people receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from CIG. These types of fraud can be carried out through false websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal info like bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc. through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment.
If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at info[@]cloudimperiumgames.com with any information you may have.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.