17 days ago
Chromatic Games, the creators of the Dungeon Defenders franchise, is offering the opportunity for a talented and driven 3d Character Artist to create beautiful characters for our upcoming titles and current titles such as Dungeon Defenders: Awakened. We are looking for a motivated mid to senior level artist to work under our talented Art Director and Lead 3d Artist, to usher in our new projects with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn and grow. Our senior team is highly skilled and very seasoned!
YOU may be a great fit to join our team! We’re seeking an artist that champions the creation of in-game 3d character assets from a given concept to completion. In this position, you’ll work closely with our Art Director, Lead 3d Artist, and Producers to achieve artistic goals and ensure the project’s vision comes to fruition. Your mission is to create world class characters from our team’s direction to breath life into the toony, fantasty world of Etheria- From Heroes, to Minions, to full blown bosses – all while crafting the best visual experience possible for players.
Remote Work: Hybrid work model preferred. However we give consideration to individuals of unique abilities.
- Work with our world class artists to deliver best in class stylized character art.
- Create highly optimized 3d content for real-time rendering.
- Take ownership of your work through to completion.
- Constantly improve and advocate for best creation and production practices.
- Work with designers on creating flexible content that meets design parameters.
- Deliver high quality content in a timely manner.
- Highly motivated to contribute to a fun and positive working environment.
- 1-2 years minimum experience creating 3d character art with zBrush and 3dsMAX or Maya.
- Expert proficiency with tablet painting with industry standard apps like Photoshop or 3dCoat.
- Exceptional understanding of anatomy.
- Strong Communication skills with an ability to thrive in a highly collaborative setting.
- Self-motivated towards creatively solving problems.
- Your resume must include a link to an online portfolio with examples of your most relevant work.
- Passion for game art in the style of Dungeon Defenders.
- Experience with Unreal Development, especially UE4.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in painterly illustration & texture creation
- Comprehensive health package for full time employees.
- A casual, vibrant, and friendly work environment.
- Flexibility to start your work day at a time that best fits your personal schedule. Required to work eight hours a day, with core hours being 11AM to 5PM.
- Profit Sharing Options with tenure.
- Stock Options.
- Unlimited PTO and two weeks off around new years when the studio goes on holiday break.
If all of this sounds like something you want to be a part of, joining a cohesive team that likes to have fun while being professionals, then let us know. Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any additional follow up will include a 3d character art test. We look forward to hearing from you!
Chromatic Games is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a notice to our email@example.com email.
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Chromatic Games and the country where you work.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.