7 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Foothill Ranch studio is looking for an experienced 3D Character Artist to contribute to the next iteration of the award-winning NBA 2K franchise. In this role, you will work closely with other artists and team members to create the most astonishingly lifelike basketball players ever seen in a video game. You will not only recreate amazing likenesses, you will build a variety of costumes, accessories, and hairstyles that enable players to customize and create their own one-of-a-kind celebrity NBA player.
What You Will Do:
- Sculpt, model, UV, texture, and create materials for AAA quality, photo-realistic characters and clothing.
- Surface and author materials in a PBR workflow
- Work closely with Art leadership to achieve amazing standards
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience as a Character Artist in the video game industry
- Skilled in every aspect of character creation, using Zbrush and Maya/Max
- Strong technical skills with experience in real-time character pipelines and efficient management of UVs and texture memory
- Thorough understanding of rigging and articulation, including how topology influences deformation
- Self-aware, life learner, always keeping up with latest technology, workflow tips and tools
- Can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline, and equally work with minimal instruction if needed
- Strong knowledge of anatomy
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Python/Mel Scripting
- A love for basketball
- Along with your application, please submit a portfolio or demo reel of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.