Character Artist (Remote)
26 days ago
LiquidX Studio is a gaming development studio with the goal to produce an open-world AAA game called Pixelmon.
We are based in Singapore and Malaysia with many of our team collaborating remotely from countries like New Zealand, Spain, Indonesia, and Brazil. With large backing from our recently raised funding round, we aim to create an entirely unique experience with immersive gameplay and extensive lore that will wow all gamers.
LiquidX is in search of an experienced and enthusiastic Character Artist to join our team and create outstanding 3D characters for our upcoming game. The ideal candidate should possess expertise in 3D modelling, texturing, lighting and animation programs, as well as knowledge of game engine optimization techniques.
You should be able to create realistic textures, materials and lighting effects, and meet deadlines and work within budget limitations. You will be collaborating with other team members in order to ensure character designs meet technical requirements and incorporate feedback from game designers and producers.
What You Can Expect To Work On
- Develop 3D characters using 3D modelling, texturing and animation programs
- Provide proxy models for early game integration
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure character designs meet technical requirements, and ensuring that characters are optimised for game engines
- Understand asset limitations, project milestones, and risk, while meeting deadlines, and working within the budget limitations
- Produce models according to the Art director's visio
- Create high quality, detailed character models and assets
- Create efficient and rig friendly, low polygon models for game integration
- Unwrap low polygon models and create high quality color maps
- Guarantee the quality and delivery on time of 3D modelling and mapping as regards the characters and actors needed for producing the game
What You Need to Succeed
- Experience: 4 years of Character Art experience in the gaming industry
- Game art asset pipeline management experience : Strong knowledge in hi-poly, & low poly modelling and digital sculpting techniques, paired with a strong knowledge of topology for animation
- Technical Skills : Familiar with 3ds Max/Maya, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Zbrush, Photoshop, Blender
- Discipline Proficiency : Human Anatomy, Creature Anatomy, Hard Surface Modeling, Cloth Sculpting or Simulation, Hand-painted Textures
- Unreal Engine : Knowledge of game engine with asset integration, and optimization techniques
- Problem-Solving: Analytical mind, Attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude
- Independent : Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate about games : You love playing games, and enjoy watching them come to life.
Benefits and Why You’ll Love Working With Us
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- We Listen. Your voice, ideas, and suggestions matters to us, as we continuously evolving
- Our People. You’ll be working with a diverse, multicultural, international, talented, fun, supportive, and innovative people and team. We are people you can be proud to work with
- On The Edge of Innovation. Working on the latest technological, social and financial trends that is web3 and blockchain
- Flat Organisation. our team is a community, we work together as a team from all levels in true decentralised spirit