Character Artist/Outsource Manager
Redwood City, CA
8 days ago
lllumix is an integrated gaming and technology company, transforming the future of mixed reality with environmentally-intelligent, world-scale AR games.
We are seeking a stellar Character Artist to be a driving force for 3D modeling and outsource management within the company.
We want the best and the brightest for our dynamic team, and die-hard believers that we are inventing the most engaging and impressive games in augmented reality. You have a proven track record of production experience, execution, and managing outsourcing pipelines to be a part of this magic. You combine excellent aesthetic skill with strong technical ability that'll push our games to be the most epic.
You know how to push an engine to achieve the most appealing and yet real-time performant result. Process and relationships, a focus on detail, integrity and enthusiasm are in your DNA. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the lightning fast paced world that we thrive in.
As a Character Artist, you will be working closely with all departments, as well as outsourcing studios, to create the highest quality characters that both match the look and feel of the game and are a benchmark in the AR gaming world. Creating high quality characters that are believable and match the look and feel of our games is critical. Having an exceptional working knowledge of the tools and skills listed below are crucial to success.
- Creating high resolution 3D sculpts and low polygon game assets
- Crafting characters as well as props and world assets
- Hand paint textures and tune next-generation material
- Manage outsourcing pipeline -- collaborate to develop and document specifications, track assets through the production pipeline, and communicate feedback to ensure quality standard
- Polish and integrate finished assets into our 3D project pipelines
- 3+ years experience as a 3D character artist
- Experience managing outsourcing Skilled at 3D character creation, with a strong understanding of form, shape, and silhouette
- Ability to rapidly explore and sculpt in a range of styles – from hard surface to organic form
- Able to build models with an understanding about how they deform with respect to motion
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of next generation asset creation pipelines and toolsets
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Maya, Photoshop and 3D Sculpting tools
Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited Pto
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision And Life Insurance
- Self Contributing 401k
- Fully Equipped Fitness Center
- Nine Paid Company Holidays
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Weekly Meal
- Convenient Location In Redwood Shores, Accessible By Caltrain With Free Shuttles To Our Offices
We are building a diverse team.
Our decisions are based on merit. We are motivated by each other and having the best people by our sides.
If you are looking for a dedicated team that is committed to redefining the future of gaming, Have a look at our open spots on the team and drop us a line. We would love to hear from you!
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.