Character Artist (Mid-Senior) - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
14 days ago
Job Title:Character Artist (Mid-Senior) - Warcraft Arclight Rumble
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a versatile and well-rounded Mid/Senior Character Artist to join us on our Warcraft Arclight Rumble mobile project!
For this opportunity, we are looking for a creative, agile and passionate Character Artist who has a strong sense of asset readability in the context of mobile gameplay. In this role you'll be stylizing and interpreting multitudes of characters in the Warcraft universe. An eye for strong silhouette, bold shapes, and hand texturing would be important for this role. A collaborative mindset with great communication skills are qualities we look for in a teammate who can help create a united vision for a mobile project that captures the fun and polished experience we hope to achieve with every Blizzard title!
If you feel you could be a great fit for this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum 3 years of experience in professional game development as a 3D modeling artist
- High proficiency level with a 3d package (Maya preferred), ZBrush, Substance Painter
- Experience making aesthetically beautiful and optimized 3D game assets
- Self-motivation and strong collaborative skills with multiple groups in game development (Design, Engineering, Production, QA)
- A passionate, positive and problem-solving mindset for game development
- Experience working with the Unity game engine
- Experience with mobile game development
- Experience shipping a game (any platform)
- 2D concepting skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with Blizzard’s art styles
Required Application Materials:
- Resume with Cover Letter
- Online portfolio of professional 3D work (personal work is also a plus)
- Must be willing to take an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.