This job might no longer be available.
Character Artist, Heads - Treyarch
10 days ago
Job Title:Character Artist, Heads - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for a world class character artist specializing in creating realistic and lifelike heads and hair. Our focus will be to create stunning, realistic, and memorable characters that work seamlessly in fast action-60 frames per second game play and non-pre-rendered, real time cinematics - pushing the boundaries of game play, art, storytelling, and technology. Our perfect candidate is passionate about helping us create the best Character Head and Hair Art as possible while challenging themselves, their team, and our studio to do anything and everything we can to make the best experience for our fans. This candidate also needs to be a great team player – never putting oneself over the project needs, and the team. Candidate’s experience will determine the title, so whether you are in the earlier stages of your career, or a seasoned veteran and leader, we want to hear from you.
What you'll be doing:
- Create stunning high-quality heads and hair, for use in the game, towards research and development, and to establish benchmark quality.
- Model, sculpt, and texture high quality and realistic digital human faces.
- Create high quality hair, using the latest techniques while working with our engine and making them as efficient as possible.
- Working with scans and other high-quality data to assist in making your work as realistic as possible.
- Using your natural talents as an artist to bring personality and mood to our characters.
- Opportunity to learn and contribute toward facial blend shape rigs.
- Game industry experience in character art.
- Experience in creating realistic hair for game engines.
- Solid experience, knowledge, and ability in modeling, sculpting, UVing, baking, and surfacing pertaining to realistic human anatomy, facial muscle structure, and hair authoring techniques.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good eye for detail, proportion, likeness, and anatomy.
- Strong traditional art skills in sketching, drawing, sculpting, and painting.
- Expert knowledge in Maya, Zbrush, and Photoshop.
- Experience working in various game engines.
- Lead Artist or Supervisor experience.
- Experience working with face rigs and facial blend shape rigs.
- Knowledge and understanding of Facial Action Coding System.
- Strong, experienced, production knowledge working with scanned model data, scanned expressions for blend shapes, and light stage data and the pipelines associated with those for high quality performance capturing.
- Strong, experience and knowledge in authoring high quality bodies, clothing, and hard surface props.
- Experience in concept art, using that to pre-visualize final looks.
- Strong knowledge using Substance Designer, Substance Painter, and Mari.
- Experience in making characters for Feature Film and VFX.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 , have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty ’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.