Character Artist (Associate to Senior) - World of Warcraft
18 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Character Artist (Associate to Senior) - World of Warcraft
A Character Artist on the World of Warcraft team is responsible for bringing to life new characters, creatures, armor sets, and weapons to the world of Azeroth. The position requires a strong sense of anatomy, design, and color theory mixed with video game art production methods. All experience levels (from entry-level associate artists to more tenured senior-level artists) will be considered for this position.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- Create concept art for characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons and other assets
- 3D model characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets
- Texture characters, armor sets, creatures, weapons, and other assets
- Create assets that fit within the World of Warcraft style
- Enthusiasm for working closely with other Artists.
- Communicate with Production, Design, and other departments
- Some experience in game development concept, modeling, and texturing of characters
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating hand-painted texture maps
- Knowledge and understanding of the World of Warcraft art style and universe
- Software experience such as 3ds Max or Maya and Photoshop
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.