Character Animator (All Levels)
9 days ago
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented, self-motivated Animator to join us in creating content for a high profile role-playing game.
Our ideal candidate has experience animating and bringing to life both human and non-humanoid characters. They possess a deep understanding of the principles of animation, work well within a fast-paced environment, and enjoy working with Designers, Artists, and Programmers.
This position is open to all Animation experience levels. Remote applicants will be considered.
- Create high-quality player character combat, human ambient, and creature animations
- Create and edit conversations and cinematic sequences
- Work with programmers and artists on how to create and use toolsets with consideration for animation
- Debug in-engine animation issues
- Animate characters in 3D and manage scenes and assets efficiently
- A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
- Able to iterate quickly and often to improve quality and hit technical or design goals
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine and Maya
- Previously shipped titles on consoles or PC
- Experience working with motion capture, facial animation capture, and performance capture
- Figure drawing experience, knowledge of human anatomy, and experience creating character rigs
- Experience creating character animations pipeline from the ground up
- An online animation reel demonstrating quality, in-game, 3D animation and examples of animated characters that appear to be alive
- 3D character animation examples demonstrating advanced knowledge of body mechanics
- 3D character facial animation examples
- Animation projects that demonstrate attention to acting, emotion, and storytelling
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The estimated base pay range for this role is:
- $81,000 - $146,000 per year
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.