Channel Strategist, Mobile - Publishing (Contract)
24 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Channel Strategist, Mobile, you will lead projects that harness Riot's publishing efforts to engage players across APAC, steered by a deep understanding and appreciation of the mobile gaming space.
This role will report to the Head of Communications & Channels, APAC. The position is based in the Singapore hub. As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore hub team oversees the APAC region: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan and India.
You'll be working closely with the Marketing Lead for Mobile, in-market Country teams, Creative Services, Partner Publishing, Esports, Commercial Partnerships as well as other stakeholders across the company on the best way to promote and publish mobile games to serve the needs of APAC players.
- Develop, own, and implement channel campaign strategies and tactics specially geared towards the mobile gaming audience, in collaboration with hub and local marketing teams, publishing partner teams, and third‐party agencies/vendors
- Ensure that regionally-developed channel campaign assets are of the highest standard and representative of a player‐focused approach that fit our mobile IPs and brands
- Project manage channel work streams and guide campaign tactics
- Establish and use channel KPIs to measure and consistently help to improve campaign performance
- Incorporate global channel objectives and best practices into the APAC regional strategy
- Remain abreast of mobile player sentiment and relevant social platform developments, to better inform our content strategy to engage mobile players
- Be an expert on APAC mobile game audiences, serving as the regional representative of communications for the mobile game category with central, regional, and local teams.
- Well‐honed subject matter expert with at least 5 years of experience in Marketing, Communications, and/or Content and Social
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills with demonstrated, persuasive internal and external (including influencer and player-facing) communication abilities
- Strong presentation and organizational skills, to capture and cascade information that provides values to internal and external stakeholders
- In‐depth knowledge about APAC mobile gamers and habits. Experience in the mobile gaming or mobile app industry is a must
- Ability to think and contribute broadly across a number of marketing communications sub‐disciplines and functions, with the ability to deep dive into a key discipline or two
- Ability to develop big picture, long-term communication strategies, yet remaining unafraid to get one’s hands dirty with executional excellence and attention to detail
- Passion in Gaming: You’re a gamer with deep passion for mobile titles and you use your gaming experience to connect with and represent players as a gamer yourself; as a gamer who loves the craft of Marketing and Communications, you’ll stay on top of what is happening across all platforms, and are eager to analyze industry campaigns
- Experience working on the launch of multiple games on a variety of platforms, including an understanding of publishing and submissions requirements, such as localization, content management and age ratings
- Experience working across Chinese-speaking territories such as Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.