Category Specialist (12 Month FTC)
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Category Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of sourcing Merchandise across PlayStation as well as supporting other Corporate Procurement activities. Working as part of the Procurement function, they will be encouraged to lead initiatives that contribute to the wider organisational goals. They will also manage communications with key suppliers and internal partners in order to improve both new and existing relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting with the procurement and project management of Collectors Editions
- Assist in building and implementing a Global Category Strategy for promotional merchandise
- Supporting the Senior Category Manager with any new Marketing initiatives
- Liaising with preferred suppliers on cost, schedule, development, and compliance
- Managing supplier performance and implementation of any new supplier requests
- Supporting internal business leaders with the procurement of Corporate Merchandise
- Maintaining relevant documentation and uploading of compliance records
- Deliver quality, whilst ensuring value for money, across all areas of spend
- Implement purchase orders on our systems and recharging of costs where required
- Manage projects from initial brief through to production, ensuring deadlines are met
- Required to support the Procurement Team with other projects as capacity allows
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience working in Procurement / Project Management environment
- Experience in sourcing Merchandise product is desirable but not essential
- Solid understanding of Procurement processes and best practices
- Strong organisational skills and experience in managing multiple projects
- Proficient in both Project Management and Schedule management
- Ability to problem solve with a focus on delivering projects to fixed deadline
- Experience managing both new and existing suppliers
- Good listener and collaborator across teams
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply or studying towards MCIPS
- Previous knowledge and experience within Marketing or Corporate Professional Services Procurement
- Experience using SAP preferred.
- Ability to work in an Agile environment and able to identify potential risks
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working (within Flexmodes)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.