11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Digital Merchandising- Category Manager
As Category Manager in the digital experience and conversion team, you will bring to life PlayStation Direct product assortment, delivering a digital shopping experience in a way that puts the player at the center while driving revenue and profitability. You will give consumers a compelling reason to buy, make it easy for them to buy and drive conversion. As a key member of the PlayStation Direct global team, you will build partnerships with teammates in Commercial, Planning, Marketing, Customer Service, Analytics,and regional teams to deliver a best-in-class digital merchandising experience.
Content Strategy & Planning
- Develop and own global strategy to support compelling product detail page (PDP) experiences and product positioning, to drive conversion through curated content.
- Use data to provide curated product experiences and on-site content presentation
- Optimize PDP layout template per category
- Identify customer pain points
- Find innovating ways to drive conversion (e.g., usage of lifestyle imagery, setting up guides, etc.)
- Plan and coordinate new product launches on-site in close partnership with cross-functional teams to hit sales targets
- Collaborate with Creative and Copywriting teams to define PSD tone of voice for site content, focusing on commerce and driving conversion
- Leverage industry trends and expertise to deliver effective product merchandising
Analyze & Optimize the Customer Journey
- Uncover and address key friction points within the PDP and develop data-driven insights & recommendations to drive attach and units per order.
- Provide insights and recommendations on improving customer experience through collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver performance reporting and conduct ad-hoc business analyses on key products and categories.
- Understand the competitive landscape and stay informed of current e-commerce trends to develop new and innovative capabilities for category and product merchandising to improve customer journey.
- Monitor KPIs, customer behavior and market trends to identify and plan A/B testing opportunities with Analytics team to decrease bounce & abandonment and increase conversion and attach rates.
- 5-8 years digital merchandising or equivalent experience
- Analytical thinker with proven ability to craft stories and recommendations using data to drive impactful decision-making
- Ability to present to and persuade Senior Leadership team with data-driven story telling
- High attention to detail and strong focus on customer experience
- Deep knowledge of the global retail industry and digital commerce trends
- Familiarity with data analysis tools (Adobe Analytics, MicroStrategy, SAP Business Objects, Tableau) preferred
- Comfortable using e-commerce platform tools like Adobe Experience and SAP Commerce Cloud/Hybris
- Knowledge of video game industry preferred
- Experience working within a global organization a plus
- Demonstrated ability to achieve financial and strategic goals
- Superior verbal and written communications skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive innovation and results
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization and planning
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.