This job might no longer be available.
16 days ago
Capture Technical Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry-leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing, and virtual cinematography tools.
The Technical Artist will provide technical insight and will support other Subject Matter Experts within Create Capture while attending meetings, and discussions about upcoming motion capture sessions. The role requires the ability to adapt to custom toolsets and workflows; to maintain the highest data quality and throughput, Create Capture maintains many custom solutions for all aspects of the motion capture process, and logs the data in a database network, as it flows through the various stages of processing. Familiarity in maintaining and rectifying record-keeping systems, such as Shotgun and MySQL, are a requirement.
As a Technical Artist, you will regularly collaborate with the motion capture specialists within Create Capture to investigate and resolve technical issues for project-wide problems.
You will collaborate with other Technical Artists to investigate and implement new techniques, including the development of custom tools for workflow improvements and/or automation efficiencies per the technical vision of the Technical Director.
• Assist in the technical maintenance of a large optical motion capture installation.
• Support motion capture specialists within Create Capture to troubleshoot and resolve technical motion capture issues, including associated proprietary toolsets.
• Create and support motion capture acquisition and post-processing pipelines and tools.
• Assist troubleshooting efforts with technical scanning system issues.
• Represent a technical opinion and provide technical insight while attending meetings with other Subject Matter Experts within Create Capture.
• Create and maintain technical documents.
• Collaborate with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to create custom scripts and tools to help support data processing needs.
• Collaborate with and assist other Technical Artists within Create Capture to support solutions to project-wide problems, as defined by the Technical Director.
• At least 4 years’ experience in the entertainment motion capture or game development industry, working hands-on with data acquisition and processing.
• At least 4 years’ experience working with industry-standard motion capture applications (Vicon Shogun/Blade, Autodesk MotionBuilder, etc.).
• Experience troubleshooting large-scale motion capture systems and configurations.
• Production experience with record-keeping database systems (Shotgun, MySQL, etc.).
• Experience managing data pipelines and tools.
• At least 2 years’ production scripting experience, using interpreted scripting languages (Python, Mel, etc.).
• Production experience with compiled application development is preferred (C++, C#, etc.).
• Experience with facial capture and HMC technology
• Knowledge of 3D gaming engines and editors preferred.
• The ability to work under the pressures of a production environment during live capture sessions.
• Effective and clear communication skills.