Capture Media Artist - TEMP
8 days ago
Team Name:Blizzard Video
Job Title:Capture Media Artist - TEMP
Blizzard Video, a division of the award-winning Story and Franchise Development team, is looking for an experienced and dedicated capture artist to help create legendary gameplay trailers!
We seek an innovative and technically minded individual with a passion for games and an eye for cinematography. Using the game engines and various tools at your disposal, you’ll work closely with our creative, editorial, and production teams to craft exhilarating gameplay moments and sequences – whether it’s delivering the payload on Junkertown, combating never-ending hordes of minions in Sanctuary, or dragon riding through the skies of Azeroth. We want someone with the flexibility, intuition, and drive to help us push the envelope in creating some of the best trailers in the industry.
Come join us on our quest to develop epic digital content designed to inform, entertain, and engage Blizzard’s community and players everywhere!
This role is a 5-day work on-site position in our Irvine, CA studio.
What You Bring to the Table
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Use development builds and game engines to compose creative gameplay sequences across all Blizzard IPs
- Participate in and lead group capture sessions
- Collaborate with other artists, project directors, and video editors over a variety of projects (including trailers, b-roll, static media)
- Professional experience in game capture or adjacent position/industry
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment IPs
- Ability to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Basic understanding of cinematic principles including shot composition, lighting, and action choreography
- Able to take direction, as well as learn and implement new processes
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Interest in photography and cinematography
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Working knowledge of media editing software (Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, or equivalent package)
- Experience in video game engines or an equivalent in-game cinematic tool (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Hobbyist level experience in 3D modeling, animation, and/or modding games
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $21.63 - $40.02 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.