This job might no longer be available.
Capacity Engineering Manager
19 days ago
Job Title:Capacity Engineering Manager
Want to be responsible for the gaming experience of millions of players? How about building the infrastructure that supports players from all over the planet?
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our services impact almost half a billion players, we tackle big company challenges with a small company feel.
If you’re passionate about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we’d love to hear from you!
You will join the Platform Department and help shape technical direction and best practices for our current and future needs. The Capacity Engineering team is a new team at Demonware and will partner with other teams around the world.
You will work with teams to develop capacity requirements and track those throughout the year with a view of where and when capacity may be needed. You will capture data on capacity requests, allocation and usage from physical hardware up to service deployments.
You will use data to build predictive models and tooling to simplify capacity planning. You will facilitate management and teams to have a clear view of changes in capacity over time.
Day to Day:
- Provide direction and strategy for your team.
- Understand what the big picture is and how to get there.
- Own the relationship with internal customers and partners. Understand their needs and provide an outstanding service personally and through your team.
- Management of goals, performance, and career advancement for direct reports. Holding reports accountable to their expected contribution for their level.
- Provide career direction for direct and indirect reports, helping them establish a personal career path and continuously develop themselves.
- Collaborate with management to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and requirements
- Prioritise and coordinate team members to effectively work together and with other teams in Demonware
- Ensure the work produced by the team achieves the quality bar we expect for our business
- Collaborate with HR and recruitment on various people and recruitment needs
- 2+ years of experience in similar leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience may be considered)
- 3+ years practical infrastructure experience, preferably working with large scale networks in a global 24/7 environment
- Background in debugging and solving technology problems at root cause
- Experience working in the games industry or providing online services is a plus
- Experience building and leading high-performing software development teams
- Ability to engage, develop, and retain high-performing engineers
- Willingness to travel and accommodate a flexible work schedule that includes being on-call
- Familiarity with project management processes, software development methodologies and automation
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems and operating system abstraction technologies: virtualization (preferably KVM) and/or Linux containers (e.g. LXC/LXD, Docker)
- Knowledge of container orchestration technologies (specifically Kubernetes)
This is what you can expect from your interview process with us. As our team, and closely adjacent teams, are distributed globally we may need to make some adjustments along the way. We strive for you to meet as many of the people you will work closely with during the process. We will keep you advised of any changes along the way.
- 1x 30-60 minute engineering screen call (with up to 2 people)
- 3x 1 hour technical conversations (with up to 3 people per session)
- 1x 30 minutes with other team members (with up to 3 people)
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, Pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.