Digital Marketing Manager
1 month ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments. Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators , San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
We’re looking for…
The right person who is passionate about optimizing Member communications across different channels (email, push notifications, SMS etc.). As a key member of the Skillz Marketing team, the CRM marketing manager will partner with Product, Creative and Technology teams to:
1) strategize and develop omni channel testing initiatives that will deliver the right message at the right time through the right channel to our millions of players (ultimately driving engagement and revenue)
2) Oversee the implementation/execution of these testing initiatives
3) Analysis of how these initiatives performed to help drive future decisions and testing
Our team is fun, innovative, dynamic and fast-paced
What you’ll accomplish:
- Partner with our product, analytics and creative teams to develop a strategic roadmap to build a continuously evolving CRM marketing program, including integrations, new initiatives, prioritization, and overall optimization.
- Help to manage CRM production calendar to prioritize initiatives based on revenue goals and overall business objectives.
- Support various strategic programs via manual and triggered campaigns across the customer lifecycle including New player onboarding, engagement/retention and win-back
- Partner cross-functionally to develop personalized journeys and automations that support the entire customer journey/marketing funnel.
- Partner with UI/UX designer to optimize email templates and forms with best practices and accessibility in mind.
- Devise and execute A/B tests, manage testing calendar, analyze results, and deliver recommendations based on results
- Build effective target audiences in collaboration with our data and product teams and identify segments to drive engagement and revenue performance against KPI goals.
- Responsible for increasing player retention and driving lapsed players back to active using our digital channels (email, in app push messages, SMS etc.)
- Report on engagement, revenue and other key metrics generated from CRM marketing efforts and provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Manage timelines and partner with creative and execution teams to develop and deliver CRM assets and spec docs
- Develop processes to ensure successful execution.
- Be the subject-matter expert on best-practices and CRM industry trends.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing or a related field, plus 5-7 years of email and or CRM experience
- 2-3 years of managing people in a fast paced marketing environment
- Expert knowledge of email best practices.
- Extensive A/B testing experience and an understanding of A/B and multivariate testing methodologies
- Experience working with creative teams to develop best in class digital creative
- Experience building business requirements for list segmentation, workflows, and triggered events within an ESP.
- Experience with analytics (Google Analytics, Tableau or similar).
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Comfort with pivoting and switching gears
- Attention to detail and structured processes
- Ability to problem solve in real time
- Great organization skills
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.